Monday, April 19, 2010

Mommy Work

After my shower this morning I went in to get Sammy out of his crib. When I asked him what he wanted, he said, "Mommy's bed," so I carried his warm little pajamed body into my room and we snuggled under the covers playing some of our favorite morning games. (Mommy Sleep, Mommy Wake Up being the current favorite.) After about ten minutes I said I have to get up and get ready for work.

"Remember Mommy is going to go away to work for the whole week and you're going to stay at Jamie's house all week?"
"Mommy trip. Mommy be sad."
"Right. Mommy is going to miss you. But you'll have fun at Jamie's house all week."
"Mommy no work. Mommy sleep."
"Mommy has to go to work to earn money to buy groceries and toys and those little goldfish you like."
"Mommy no work. TT buy groceries toys."

When I dropped him at Jamie's he gave me a big hug and kiss and said "I love you much!" before running off to play with the new plastic phone.

I miss him already.

1 comment:

Anne said...

You are much braver than me! Here's to hoping the week passes quickly!