
Monday night out of nowhere Sam asked if we could say a prayer before dinner. I said sure and I did my good little Catholic girl rendition of Bless us our lord and these thy gifts...
"NO!!!! Not that one. The [something-indecipherable] one!"
"I don't know that one."
"I bet Gedion's mommy does!"
So that is where we left it until Tuesday. And when we sat down in Gedion's backyard after playing on the swing set and feeding the chickens and watching Gedion and his daddy perform a memorable one act play involving a phone call and "no backsies," I told our friends the story. But there were bratwurst from ledebehr's and fresh cut watermelon and a little picnic table for just the kids, and Sam didn't really care about anything but sitting at the table and enjoying the great meal with his friends. Gedion's mommy said an impromptu prayer about being grateful for friends and warm spring evenings, and we all dug in and enjoyed a wonderful evening together.
Amen.
Feeding the backyard chickens
Gedion The Thespian
"No backsies!"
The kids table





1 comment:
So sweet.
Post a Comment