Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Saturday, October 13, 2012
I'm the Guest
We had planned the weekend for a while, and Sam had requested pizza and homemade ice cream for dinner and living room tent-sleeping for the rest of the night. So I loaded the refrigerator with goodies and pulled the tent out of the closet and prepared myself for a long night of craziness and children who had no interest in sleeping. What I got instead was an evening of delight and wonder, starting with the barefoot children running bases at "the school bus park" and ending with two boys reading an animal sticker book by flashlight before they collapsed next to each other, both of them clad in Spiderman PJ's.
Sammy's best buddy is perhaps the easiest child on the planet, a sweet smiling boy with a mop of white blond hair and an aversion to shoes or socks or coats. He was happy to be at our house and excited about everything. And when he and Sam disagreed for the first time I told Sam that Espn got to choose because he's the guest.
"Just like from Mike the Knight," Sam said.
As the youngest of five Espn was thrilled to actually have the decision power in his hands so when we had to decide what kind of ice cream to make and whether to play with Lego or Trio and whether to play baseball or ride bikes, he played the guest card. "Sam, I'm the guest," he would remind us. Sam didn't mind. His best buddy (who Eva, by the way, adores) was there for the whole night! What a great way to spend a Friday.
This video is dark for about 20 seconds, but after that the flashlight comes on and we get to hear Espn remind us who the guest is. So dang cute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Okay this is so damn cute. I love these two. Does Espn's father or mother work for ESPN??? I can't wait to see what reaction he gets from his name when he gets to middle school, high school and college. Hope he is a strong kid and if he is the youngest of 5 he probably is. Loved the sleep over and the fact they both went to sleep.
That was the cutest thing I have ever seen! Thanks so much for doccumenting such an important event so beautifully.
I have been dreading have my son's first "sleep-over" but after reading this, I'm excited for the milestone!
Good information. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
I have book marked it for later!
Here is my web-site http://chloebagshoping.mylivepage.com/blog/index
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital
to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts.
Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access
consistently fast.
Here is my web blog: monster beats
Thank you, I've just been searching for information approximately this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I've discovered till now.
However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure in regards
to the supply?
Also visit my web page - プラダ新作
I every time spent my half an hour to read this web site's posts everyday along with a mug of coffee.
My web site プラダ 財布
Excellent blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew
of any message boards that cover the same topics discussed in this article?
I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!
Visit my weblog; アバクロンビーフィッチ通販
Incredible! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Superb choice of colors!
Also visit my web blog ... monster beats
I like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the great works guys I've added you guys to blogroll.
Feel free to surf to my web blog; オークリー
Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids. I found a sea shell and gave it to
my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to
her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but I had to tell someone!
Feel free to surf to my web-site; オークリー
Great article.
Also visit my homepage ジョーダン スニーカー
http://www.funroam.net/index.php?do=/FinlayOre/info/ http://www.actas.amortv.cl/index.php?title=Usuario:IsabelMar http://gawemt7anat.com/blogs/517/590/manner-property-valentino-includ http://www.worldvoiceproject.com/groups/way-house-valentino-has-layed-away-from-workers-in-their-big-apple-office-in-line-with-brand-new-reports-the-particular-downsizing-occurred-last-week-shrinking-their-anyone-s-infrastructure-designe/ http://historyproject.templebeth-el.org/index.php?title=User_talk:MelvinSla http://www.europeaninitiative.com/member/4280 http://me.yoyofire.com/index.php?do=/blog/41765/vogue-residence-valentino-provides-layed-out-of-staff-members-in-its-big-ap/ http://dm.finearts.yorku.ca/~nsted/facs2930/index.php/User:LasonyaWy http://ensynefo.com/profile/524155 http://softmedia.sakura.ne.jp/wiki/%E5%88%A9%E7%94%A8%E8%80%85:WinnieSch http://www.angelvisioninvestors.com/design-household-valentino-has-layed-workers-their-big-apple-office-environment-accordance-innovativ http://www.englishoutpost.com/user/view.php?id=5127&course=1 http://www.welcometorealsworld.com/activity-streams/p/2326/ http://www.lightbulbworkshops.com/node/5018 http://starbound-wiki.tk/index.php?title=Utilisateur:FBBDexter http://www.womenfacebook.com/wall/blogs/post/1002 http://crashmatrix.com/index.php?title=User:Tommie303 http://fbeducator.com/members/zulmafair/activity/1227/ http://www.pokerevenementen.com/groups/way-property-valentino-possesses-layed-away-workers-within-the-ny-workplace-in-line-with-brand-new-s/members/ http://sgamers.ru/members/merrillcl/
There are additional lending facilities that are user friendly to lower credit ratings . like Dual Pricing A This is the method of offering a commodity during two unique prices by two different stores
Because it seems, individuals who hunger for a lot of sultry stimulus Get the switch between performing in demesne-based casinos and acting cassino online? [url=http://www.bbvcpaydayloans.co.uk/]payday loans[/url] click here One caution though, if you do trussed into a camber of blackjack that are actually in play in different casinos. http://www.qwepaydayloans.co.uk/
Post a Comment