Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Seven!

 
Seven years ago today when I first met this guy, I could not have imagined the yellow-belt-wearing, pokemon-card-loving, chapter-book-reading, song-and-story-writing, Minecraft-and-Sims-addicted little Renaissance man that he would become at age 7.  I am so proud to be his mother and I cherish this age when he still wants me to crawl under a blanket and snuggle him on the couch or sit at the dining room table and play endless rounds of Old Maid with him or listen from the front seat as he tells me about the Lego robot he built or the spelling test he aced today in school.  He surprises me every day, but the thing that surprises me more than anything is that I could love another human this much.  Happy Birthday Sam!  I love you beyond space!
 
A look back:
 
December 2013
 
December 2012

 December 2011

Dec 17, 2010



Dec 17, 2009



Dec 17, 2008
 


3 comments:

lisa said...

Wow. I love this Barb. You're an amazing mom. Sam is so lucky to have you and I know you feel the same way about him. SO glad you are cherishing the moments. Love you, friend.
L

Tara Jo said...

I remember Sam at 2...so crazy!

Anonymous said...

Love the retrospective.