Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I Scared Ants
Despite Sammy's sudden dramatic fear of all bugs ("I scared bees." "I scared ants.") we had a great time hanging out and picnicking and eating amazing Ledebuhr burgers with cottage bacon and delicious co-op tomatoes (care of Chef Dave) in Lucy's backyard. Perfect spring weather surrounded by purple crocus and the early sprouts of daylilies and daffodils on the verge of blooming. Sam even went for a bike ride in Dave's bike trailer ("I so excited.") On the way home he wanted to stop at the grocery store and buy yellow fish crackers. But once I convinced him that TT would buy more this weekend he said, "Lucy's house. Geddy. Arie. Fun! Geddy. Arie. Fun!" He kept saying everyone's name over and over again followed by "Fun!" until he remembered the ants. "I scared ants."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Gosh, Jamie is such an adorable pregnant lady!!!
:)
Funny, my son has suddenly developed a fear of picnics. No kidding, every morning he says, "I don't wanna go on a picnic." Maybe it's the ants...
My daughter just recently started disliking ants. She did not fear any insects before. Who knows why she does now. She is 3. Sam is adorable! Congratulations on a beautiful son!
Post a Comment