Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Snowed in on the 44th
A month ago the thought of any normal two day weekend stretched out in front of us was a little daunting. Just the idea of 60 straight hours of being the sole caretaker of two young children was exhausting enough, and the reality was often as challenging as I had imagined. But a lot has changed around here in the last few weeks, and when the forecast for my 44th birthday was for a major winter storm that would trap us here making a long weekend even longer, I didn’t break out in a sweat or even swallow hard. We made the best of it playing and wrestling and sleeping and eating. It helped that Sam had his first tumbling class at the Y Saturday before the snow hit and I got a little quiet time to myself while Eva slept in the carseat. They kicked the parents out of the room and I found a seat by the windows looking out over the pool and I almost didn’t know what to do with myself for those 45 minutes. But it went fast. As has the last 4 months and the last 3 years and, really, the last 44 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
AWW!!! I gave little Eva that flower headband! I LOVE IT ON HER!!! So cute...and so big! Man, I wish I would have been at the Y later on Saturday!!! :(
I am going to put you on my calendar...it's just crazy that I have to do that...but I do.
I love that headband, too! Wow, I can't believe how Eva sleeps but it must be comfortable (for her anyway) You know, I was thinking the same thing yesterday, how was I going to get through a gloomy holiday Monday stuck inside with these monkeys. Saturday was quite challenging. But actually, things turned out quite well and now I'm a bit sad to leave them at daycare all day tomorrow. Ahh, the emotional roller coaster of being a mom.
What great pictures! I loved Free to Be You and Me, too - I can't wait to share it with my kids.
Love.that.headband.with.flower!
Ha ha...no seriously what great pictures of your kids :)
Post a Comment