Kelly and Eva at the Milwaukee Zoo
"But I can't look for very long," I said, "My tummy doesn't like being up high. My tummy doesn't like this."
"My tummy thinks it's pretty cool!" Sam said.
We had left Muskego around 9am, and we were closing in on lunch time and both of my kids were calm and quiet in the back seat despite two hours of tense Chicago traffic and nothing to eat but a bag of Pepperidge Farm goldfish. I was trying to entertain Sam, anticipating the whining and meltdown that were sure to come as he and his sister started to get hungry and tired. Thankfully. that moment never came and despite MY tiring of the car, the kids were real champs during our whirlwind Easter trip to Milwaukee and then on to Kalamazoo.
On our last night at Aunt Judy and Uncle Ron's as Sam and I lay in the daybed whispering so that we wouldn't wake Eva (who was in a pack n' play a few feet away), I reminded Sam to be quiet, but he couldn't. He just had something that he had to tell me.
"My favorite favorite favorite part of today was Uncle Johnny on the swings!"



Considering the day included football and baseball and bubbles and wrestling and a dance party and strawberry shortcake and mudpies and an Easter egg hunt that will live in his memory for eternity, the fact that his favorite thing was Uncle Johnny says a lot.

You can see more pictures from our trip here, but the antics of Uncle Johnny are best enjoyed in video form:

4 comments:
I can see why Uncle Johnny is so loved. Great photos.
You do such a good job at getting out and doing fun things with your little people!! :)
Love the pics...love the video! Looks like you guys had a blast! :)
omg! i love uncle johnny! the swing thing made me laugh out loud! then the dance he did. oh so funny!
Post a Comment