Saturday, April 14, 2012

Impromptu Adventure

 "Mommy," Sam said.  "We're having an adventure and Eva is coming along!"

We had just come from a quick jog along the sidewalk near the railroad tracks and we were winding along the river heading towards Perrot State Park.  It turns out that when you file electronically in Wisconsin and you paid your taxes in Minnesota, you STILL have to mail in a form that explains that you filed with another state and here are all the supporting documents.  (I sure miss reciprocity.)  But a Saturday morning trip to the post office (in our pajamas) turned into an impromptu adventure, and we ended up spending an hour in the woods touching moss and peeking in to caves and collecting acorns and knocking on hollow dead logs and hugging really large trees.  I think the highlight was the old water pump we discovered near the parking lot after we finished the trail.  Eva was glad to just be standing in one place rather than having to chase after Sammy on soft, wet, uneven ground, and Sam, as always, wanted to know why it was there and how it worked.
 






3 comments:

Tara Jo said...

Love this! When I saw it on FB I wanted to ask where it was. They are so cute. We should go hiking again soon...maybe Robbie can come too! :)

Anonymous said...

Love impromptu adventures.

Laraf123 said...

The best adventures are the one you have in your pajamas!