Thursday, May 9, 2013

Win-win-win

 
The thought was that I could handle anything for a mere 4 weeks so last week I impulsively signed Sammy up for the EFC Tiny Tots Soccer Camp, an opportunity to have fun and learn fundamentals from visiting Brazilian coaches. I figured the worst that could happen is that I'd have to spend four Wednesday evenings chasing a 2 1/2 year old around the boundaries of the soccer field while her brother ignored the coaches and got easily distracted with picking grass or making monster sounds at his teammates.  What we got instead was a wonderful spring evening in which it seemed much of our community was out enjoying the spring weather... kids actually engaged in the process of learning soccer, parents relaxing on the sidelines with their cell phone cameras or their knitting needles and their children's water bottles.  What a difference a few years make.  Sam was attentive and engaged and fun to watch for the 20 minutes Eva allowed me to sit before she dragged me off to the slides and swings.  In the car on the way home Sam asked if he has soccer again tomorrow night, why he has to wait a full week until the next lesson.  He loved it.  And so did Eva.  And so did Mommy.  Win-win-win!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely spring events.

Mandy Howey said...

If he likes it - this is just the beginning! Glad it was a positive experience for all! I remember soccer days...

Laraf123 said...

That is great! We have yet to experience a soccer class that was a win, much less a win-win-win. I'm so glad Sam liked his and is looking forward to the next one!