Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice.
When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
My kids do the same thing with the Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa) plants at our house every year! And I did the same with Common Milkweed growing up - there were a lot more of them back then! I can still smell the Milkweed pods! My brothers, sister and I would raise monarch caterpillars on the leaves in old mayonnaise and instant coffee jars with holes poked in the metal lids. The chrysalis would hang from the lid and soon enough - a hatched butterfly ready for release! We'll have to expand that planting this summer with the kids! They are at a great age to really learn a lot about plants.
2 comments:
My kids do the same thing with the Butterfly Milkweed (Asclepias tuberosa) plants at our house every year! And I did the same with Common Milkweed growing up - there were a lot more of them back then! I can still smell the Milkweed pods! My brothers, sister and I would raise monarch caterpillars on the leaves in old mayonnaise and instant coffee jars with holes poked in the metal lids. The chrysalis would hang from the lid and soon enough - a hatched butterfly ready for release!
We'll have to expand that planting this summer with the kids! They are at a great age to really learn a lot about plants.
Beautiful! Makes you wonder why people take their kids(and money) to those photography studios at the mall.
Post a Comment