Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
Gift for a Single Mama
One of the best presents you can give a single mama is the gift of your time, a few hours for her to get away from her children and just breathe. For Christmas this year (as well as just about every weekend that she comes to visit) TT gave me the gift of a few hours of kidless trail time. Although I went out on the trails alone last year, this year Scott agreed to rent skis and give it a try and join me during sub zero temps for a Christmas Eve adventure through Perrot State Park. We watched the forecast and waited until the temperature peeked up above zero and we donned neck gators and triple layers and attitudes of adventure, and we were rewarded with bright red cardinals and distant woodpeckers and lots of deer tracks and roadside turkeys. When the first loop around the river view trail didn't seem like enough we circled up part of Brady's bluff trail and got treated to some challenging climbs and faster hills and enough laughter that I nearly wet my pants. If the sun hadn't started to crawl to the horizon I might have made him tackle another loop. Thank you, TT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I loved to Cross Country ski when I was younger. It was magical. Merry, Merry Barbara. Wishing you and your family a joyous holiday season and a terrific New Year.
Very nice! Very healthy! Very wise! (Glad you got some time to yourself.)
Post a Comment