Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Babysitters


Yes, I know this is a lame Christmas post without all the lyric prose about the beautiful pies and touching moments with Grandma, but I'm a single mama who is training for another half marathon (and possibly a triathlon) and mentoring at the middle school while trying to complete a collection of short stories and maintain a full time job during the hours when I'm not sorting laundry or scraping my food encrusted kitchen table or picking up the urine-soaked pull-ups that have been left on my 3-year-old's bedroom floor.  (And for those of you that have forgotten what 3-year-olds are like, there's this reminder of the creature that lives in my house.) I'm not going to take the time to wax poetic about how beautiful and meaningful our Christmas was and how grateful we all are for TT and Auntie Annie and the friends and family we're so fortunate to have in our lives.  None of that is new.  I'll just sum up this Christmas post by saying that as opposed as I've been to electronics, the Ipad that entered our house this Christmas might just be enough to save my sanity this winter.  That and the invasion of the Barbies.  And Tom & Jerrys.  :)









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos. A happy healthy New Year filled with love, joy and adventure. Got so much going on and I love all your activities.

Laraf123 said...

Oh, yes--the brother/sister photos are precious! I love how much time you guys spend outside! (I also "love" hearing about how busy daily life is for you, it makes me feel like I'm normal :)