Friday, May 23, 2014

I Just Thank You God for Making Me Me

 
 
TT didn't want me to tell Sam she was coming just in case she couldn't make it at the last minute, but when she pulled in to our driveway just after dinner Thursday night, it was a pretty safe bet that she'd be at Sam's final spring program at St. Mary's the following day.  And after the usual wrong turn and redirection in Winona, TT walked in and took her place next to me in the middle of the church.  We both anxiously looked for Sam as the children filed in, and when he spotted us he beamed and waved and posed for pictures.  Cameras and phones and ipods clicked and zoomed and beeped as the kids sang about butterflies and bumblebees and I Just Thank You God for Making Me Me.  Sam never really looked comfortable on stage even when they put on sunglasses for the hula number, but he had been practicing the songs in the car all week and he was so excited to share what he had learned with Mom and Grandma.  I teared up a few times as they sang about God giving them roots to grow, but mostly I beamed and couldn't take my eyes off of this boy who I am so blessed to have in my life.
 
When Sam went up to get his certificate and give Miss Kay a hug, Ms. Cicolz told the crowd that when Sam grew up he wanted to be an engineer.  And he later told us that's because he likes to create and build things and being an engineer is kind of like Minecraft.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great memories. It goes so fast. You sound so happy. Great photos. Glad TT was able to come too.