Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Let's Goooooooo!

 
 
She woke up an hour early and headed immediately for the laundry room to find her purple polka dot dress and her pink flower pants "because that's special, right, Mama?"  She said she didn't want to eat anything.  "I just want to go.  Let's goooooo!"  When I told her that Sammy was still sleeping and we had to wait for him to get up and get ready she ran in and grabbed his feet.  "Sammy wake up!  You need to get up.  NOW!"
 
To kill time I tried to take a few pictures in front of the house but she threw her backpack at me and made crabby faces and repeated how she just wanted to goooooooooooo!  45 minutes before we needed to leave the house.
 
After just a little drama with Sam and his pants that have a button that he insists is simply too big for the size of the slot that it's supposed to fit in to, Eva ate half a banana and a homemade blueberry smoothie without spilling a single drop on her polka dot dress, and we climbed into the Mazda and raced to school just in time.  Before we'd even reached the parking lot Eva spied Stella's car and she wanted me to park by her friend, but Stella and her daddy didn't look ready to part, so we took a few pictures in front of the school and walked around the side entrance to find our way to Mrs. Norton's classroom.  I could hardly keep up with Eva as she bee-lined through the crowd of preschoolers and parents, and even the arrival of Stella couldn't slow Eva down.  Only when she discovered the classroom door closed did she pause and stand by me, chewing on her tongue and shuffling nervously against the wall. 
 
The classroom door opened and she shot in between all the parents and it took a while for Sam and I to finally reach her long enough to give her a kiss and a hug and say I love you.  And off she went to play with princesses and zoo animals and magnetic dress up dolls in wooden boxes.
 
My baby.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pre-school or kindergarten? So cute and so ready and excited. Love it.

Mandy Howey said...

Great "snapshot" of your morning...

Laraf123 said...

Have a great school year, Eva!