Monday, November 5, 2007

Great River Trail

Nathan and Sarah and Barb (with her 5-pounder)

Just six more weeks, and though my belly is aching and my hips are sore and I have a myriad of things to complain about every day (most of them exascerbated by a complete lack of sleep... nobody ever tells you that 75% of pregnant women have insomnia and difficulty sleeping in the final few months before delivery), I invited my friend Sarah out for a sunshiney hike on the Great River Trail this past weekend. And just like my earlier hike with Rhonda, this one flew by as we talked and talked and talked. We didn't really realize how far we had walked until about the last 200 hundreds yards on the way back to the car when my hips started burning. Sarah brought along her own little bruiser who is now six weeks old and almost 14 pounds, and the four of us posed for a picture along the trail. We had so much fun, and I hope we can still sneak a few more of these walks in before I'm too sore to walk.

After our walk Sarah and Nathaniel came back to my house. Sarah and I talked while Nathan had some lunch and fell into a milk stupor. Then Sarah generously donated her Snoogle pregnancy pillow and her maternity support band to the remainder of my pregnancy. As the list of pains and aches continues to grow during the final trimester, I'm grateful for every little bit of comfort I can find.

6 more weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6 weeks! I can't believe it. I'm so excited we're so close to meeting the little guy. :)