Thursday, November 22, 2007

A HUGE Fan

This year I really am a HUGE fan!

TT and I spent the holiday watching football, eating pumpkin pie and breathing in the odors of onion, sage, and cinnamon wafting out from the kitchen. We started the day with a brisk walk in the 20 degree temps with the wind in our faces so that we could, as Jim would say, "earn our pumpkin pie." I don't think we earned as much pie as we ate since we ended up making a second pie during halftime of the Packers-Lions matchup.

I really miss Annie and the kids this Thanksgiving, but I'll see them in just 3 and a half short weeks when Baby arrives. Despite the backaches and the heartburn and the insomnia, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Baby hiccups are definitely one of my favorite things (since they remind me he's in there and alive but they don't hurt my bladder or my kidneys or my stomach), and I can only enjoy them for a few more weeks. It seems pumpkin pie brings them on even more than Fresca, so I think I'll go cut my first slice of the second pie.

No comments: