
Ann and her family left this morning, and Grandma had to leave for Chicago shortly after that, so Sam and I were alone at the cabin on Lake Michigan for a few hours. As I dusted the last of the sand off the kitchen floor and pulled the door shut behind us, I realized how hard it must be for my mom every year when she says goodbye to the cabin and the great memories of another year. I felt sad that our time with Annie and her family was over, and it will be Christmas before our little family is all together again. TT returns to the cabin later this week and Aunt Judy will join her, and as I do every year, I will make the long drive for a second weekend of sun and sand and family. Stay tuned for more photos next weekend, but here are a few from this past weekend. And check out the fun Sam had with his cousins just before bedtime. (The second video is a little out of proportion because I filmed it vertically and had to rotate it, but it's fun to watch Sam learn from his cousins how to jump on the bed.)
No comments:
Post a Comment