A few weeks ago Sam and I made an appointment for a photo shoot with a woman I found on the internet. On the evening we showed up Sam was uncharacteristically fussy. He had a cough and a constant stream of snot coming out of his nose, and his big bright eyes were rimmed with red. I wanted photos of him outside, and Tammy set him up on a bowl on a beautifully lit path in the woods. She snapped just a few shots before he started to cry, and despite me tickling him and holding him and singing to him (something I never do in front of anyone... especially complete strangers) he never really cheered up. We took pictures in the woods, against a stone building, in a field of tall prairie grass. Beautiful light and a fussy baby that didn't want to be put down. But you'd be amazed what a good photographer can capture.
Later that weekend Sam spiked a fever close to 103F, and he continued to be uncharacteristically unhappy and sleepy. When he refused to eat Sunday morning I brought him in to urgent care and we discovered, to quote the doctor, "a flaming ear infection." Poor little guy.
But if you want to know what a great baby Sam is and how incredibly blessed I am, look at some of these proofs. To look at them you wouldn't know that he was sick. My little trooper.

3 comments:
Wow -what beautiful shots! I know where he gets those gorgeous peepers. :)
These are great shots. I hope Sammy's feeling better this week!
Gorgeous! I think you should use one of you two for your blog header. :-) You're right, you can't tell he was unhappy at all!
Post a Comment