Thursday, January 28, 2010

Favorite Moments

A blogger friend of mine just asked for her readers to talk about the favorite moments of their days, and I liked reading everyone's responses so much that I'm hoping some of you will do the same here. Don't lurk forever. Tell me one of your favorite moments in your day. (Sorry to steal your idea, Christina.)

One of the favorite moments of my day is when I pull up to Sam's daycare. He is outside on the front sidewalk, bundled up in his blue Michelin-man snowsuit and size 5 target-clearance-rack boots, his black and white robot hat starting to sink down over his eyebrows and a river of snot running from his nose straight down into his mouth. He sees my car as I make a u-turn and he runs from his place near the giant snow pile where all the other kids are playing to stand on the sidewalk where he knows I will park. "Mama, mama, mama!" he yells when I get out of the car. It's as if he cannot contain the excitement he has about something he wants to show me. Yesterday it was the way the moon was going in and out of the clouds. "Bye bye, Moon" he would say in the car when it ducked behind the clouds, and "Peekaboo, Moon" he said every time it reappeared. How could reuniting with him at the end of a long day on a computer NOT be my favorite moment of the day?

What are some of yours?

2 comments:

Laraf123 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laraf123 said...

Hi-
I just found your blog and can't wait to read more. It's the tail end of my boys' naps and I'm wishing I could stay longer and browse your posts. Anyway, one of my favorite times is when I can make my children laugh. It's the best, most pure sound in the world!