After his diaper change every morning, Sam gets a sticker. I have found it's the only way to get him to lay down without a battle, and the last thing I need when I'm running 10 minutes late is a battle with a toddler wearing a messy diaper. This morning after we pulled his red and blue-striped collared shirt that TT bought him for Christmas down over his head, he pointed to one of the tiny alphabet stickers in between the stickers of Elmo and Cookie Monster and Big Bird.
"You want one of the baby stickers?" I said.
"Letters," he said.
I peeled off the S and stuck it to his chest.
"S," I said. "S is for Sam. Sssssssssssam. Aren't you excited to show that to TT when she gets here?"
He pushed the sticker on his chest and then pointed to the sticker sheet again.
"TT," he said.
I pulled off the T and handed it to him and he placed it next to the S on his shirt.
"TT," he said over and over again as we walked to the kitchen.
When I dropped him off at Jamie's he took off his coat and pointed to his two stickers and said, "TT."
We can't wait to see her this weekend.
2 comments:
Hope you all have a good time!!
Awwww ... so sweet to read your beautiful words and see your pics. You are a wonderful Mama! And I love that you are cherishing all your moments with Sam (and your mom!) Love, L
Post a Comment