Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Call of the Wild

I thought about deleting that last post, but then I decided I'd rather keep it there. A reminder of the afternoon I spent in the middle school media room watching Michaela play on the internet while we talked about boys and mean girls and Call of the Wild and Jack London and family and school and how really, really hard it sometimes is to be a teenage girl. We both openly admit that our afternoons together aren't always easy, but they're always rewarding, and I know we're both better people for having known each other. I will leave Michaela's post to remind myself forever of the determined, persistent, humorous girl that I met this year, and in the future she and I can look back on it and say "Remember that day..."

2 comments:

Tara Jo said...

Oh I get it. Do you mentor? I have always wanted to be a mentor.

Lisa Holmes said...

Oh Barb ... I didn't realize you were working with a new student! Could you BE any more amazing!???
xoxo