
When TT comes to visit, Sam wants to do everything she does. Sam won't eat barbecued ribs when I offer them to him, but when TT eats them, he must try them too. He is not interested in eating his oatmeal with a spoon when I hand it to him, but when TT uses a spoon he must too. He does not want to try the dumplings in the potato soup when I hold them up to his mouth, but when TT eats one and says "MMMMMmmmm" Sam points and says "Soup, more soup," and TT over and over again feeds him dumplings and carrots and soft chunks of potato. Every morning when TT has her coffee she makes Sam a little cup with a tiny bit of coffee and a lot of milk, and he stands at the kitchen counter and drinks it through a straw. "TT coffee," he says proudly.

Saturday Sam and TT made homemade bread and unbelievable homemade potato soup, and the three of us spent the weekend gorging on both.
The most humorous moment of the weekend came on Friday night when Sam started screaming from his crib at around 8pm. He had been in his room talking and singing and kicking the wall for half an hour when he started screaming for Mama and TT. I opened the door to his dark room and he was standing in his crib waiting for me. When I got to him he said "Here mama" and handed me his diaper. Only then did I realize he was completely naked.
This morning when I went into Sam's room to get him up for the day he asked for TT. I told him she wasn't here any more. "TT is at her house." We turned on the light and picked out a book and sat down to read and he asked for TT again.
"She's not here. Remember? She went to her house."
"TT coffee?" he asked and he ran to the kitchen.
Here are some more photos of Sam's weekend with TT and a super toddler Superbowl party.
4 comments:
Very adorable!!
That sounds like a wonderful weekend!
sounds wonderful! and just let me say...homemade bread and potato soup? You've now officially given me a craving! What a cute little guy.
I think I see a budding chef here! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment