Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Kelly and the Big Boys
I wanted to take the time to write some engaging narrative about the weekend Sam and I spent with Kelly and her boys, wanted to sit down and remember the moments and record everything, wanted to burn the images of Sammy following and copying "the big boys" into my brain, wanted to try to recreate the laughter and pure joy we all experienced when Sammy tried to wake Zack and Josh by yelling "Cock-a-doo" into their bedroom at 9am, wanted to savor the moments we shared with Kelly over delicious fresh food prepared by our gourmet chef friend, wanted to write about the sun and sand and water and play at the county park beach, wanted to try to capture the joy we all felt watching sammy learn to throw a frisbee with Zack or running in and out of the big boys bedroom to spy on them.
But time has not been on my side this week. Blame it on my crazy work load. Blame it on Sammy's later-and-later bedtime. (Note I said "bedtime" and not "sleep time." There is an ever-increasing distance between these two things lately.) Blame it on my desire to collapse on the couch and get back to Nancy Botwin and her friends from Weeds, Season 3 every night after Sam is in bed.
And so, before we enter into another weekend in which I'm sure we'll create more moments I'll want to remember, I share these pictures and Sammy's statement about the weekend as we headed home on Monday morning:
"I like Kelly. I sad. I miss Kelly. When go Kelly's house?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Sam looks like he is positively delighted to be in his giant wet sand tidal pool! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment