Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
TT's House Now!
Yesterday I picked Sam up from daycare and strapped him into his car seat and he asked where we were going.
"Home," I said as I lowered myself into my seat. "Our house."
"Nooooooooooo!" he said. "I want TT's house."
"We're going to our house. Mommy's house. Sammy's house."
"I want TT's house. I miss TT," he said, kicking the back of the passenger seat.
"TT lives far away. It would take us all night to get there."
"Then drive faster Mommy. I want TT's house NOW!"
It's really no surprise that his first day back to his routine after a weekend with TT might be a little disappointing. After all, during his two days with TT he fed ducks and geese at the Wildlife Santuary, rode a train and a merry-go-round with Mommy at Bay Beach Amusement park, drove a racecar and a purple train and a green boat, flew up and down in an airplane with a fantastic gun at the front, took a trip to Wal-mart (and came home to tell Mommy about the big mess the diggers had made in the parking lot. "Bad, messy diggers!"), ate steak and blueberries and lime popsicles, played guitar and danced to his new Wiggles CD, blew big bubbles in the backyard, picked flowers from the neighbors garden, made an apple pie with TT and helped Mommy and TT vacuum and dust. (Yes, we let him hold and spray the windex bottle.)
It rained almost all weekend, but none of us cared. We all had a great time. As we were getting ready to leave on Sunday TT sighed and pointed out that she hadn't planted her basil in pots yet, and I said that I didn't dig up any of the perennials I had planned to. "Well we didn't accomplish much this weekend, did we?" she said. And I told her that we all had a lot of fun together, and that was all that was important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I want to go to TT's house! It looks like a ton of good fun!
What a wonderful trip, full of fun! Your son will look back at these photos and talk about the experience for months, if not years! (Photo albums are one of our favorite rainy day activities)
PS. Added yours to my blogroll--not sure how I missed it!
Post a Comment