Monday, November 19, 2012

Howl!!!!


A lot has changed since our little family made our inaugural trip to Great Wolf Lodge last year, but if it's up to me and the kids, it will become an annual fall tradition.  With Eva fully mobile (and opinionated about her boundaries) and an entire hotel including our two-story fireplace suite with an inside security doorlock that didn't seem to contain her, it was not necessarily a relaxing weekend.  But who wants to relax when there is pajama time with Wiley and the rhythm-of-nature singing owl, three-story water slides, a howling wave pool, an arcade full of games that give you tickets for prizes, and magic wands that activate the quests that get you closer and closer to slaying a fire-breathing dragon?  It's a trip I definitely wouldn't undertake without another adult, although TT and I were rarely in the same space as she chased one kid one way and I chased another kid the other direction, and we occasionally tagged off and traded.  But it was once again a delightful weekend full of running and jumping and playing in the water and eating food that isn't good for us.  And hopefully next year Eva will be used to sleeping in a bed with us so she won't climb and bounce and kick Sam and Mommy for two hours before finally nodding off.  Thanks again for an awesome adventure, TT!  Sammy can't wait to go back next year, and when I asked him his favorite part he said, "All of it!"



















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a whole lot of fun. Each year the kids will experience it differently. Happy Thanksgiving.

Shannon Ralph said...

Is that in the Dells? We are thinking about taking the kids to Dells this year. Our last vacation broke the bank, so we need a closer smaller-scale destination for this year's vacation. Sounds like you guys had a great time!

Laraf123 said...

I've really come to enjoy fall get-away weekends. We have our own traditon but may have to add this venue to our itinerary. In the past I wondered if my kids were too young but I can tell from your photos, they'd really enjoy it. Just like your kids did!