Friday, December 7, 2012

Brooklynn

It's hard to believe that Brooklynn was just 3 years older than Sam is when I first met her, when her dad had to call her in from the yard where she was crawling up a tree and looking for ants. She's grown in to an amazing young woman, and even though we only see each other once every few months now, every weekend that we spend together leaves me grateful that Big Brothers Big Sisters brought us together.  I have learned so much from her, and my children adore her as much as I do.  During our last weekend together, Brooklynn got a taste of what it's like to live with me when I'm at the end of my rope.  But despite all the tantrums and melt downs, we had fun running outside in the warm temperatures and telling stories inside while we dug out the Santa collection and decorated the tree.

 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos and such a connection.

Tara Jo said...

So cool!