Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Thursday, September 5, 2013
Bedtime Stories
Life around our house has been crazy lately. With the transition to kindergarten and a new afterschool care program and Mommy still trying to figure out which kid to pick up first when they're now on opposite sides of town, we're working on finding a new equilibrium. Add in high priority urgent work projects and the death of a colleague and a new twice-a-week soccer practice and training for a half marathon, and you have a situation that calls for deep breaths and letting go and a little sharing of the work. So when the laundry pile grew beyond my comfort level and both kids had pee accidents in one night while I was still trying to clean up dinner and figure out how to cobble together a packed lunch for a kindergartener, I outsourced the reading of Eva's bedtime story. And it was such a joy to watch that I put down the laundry basket and sat in the rocking chair in my bedroom and listened as Sam pointed out the words and pictures in Eva's colors book and Eva said, "Good job. You're such a good helper."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I love when that happens. So darn special.
That is so beautiful!
Love this!
Post a Comment