TT has said we should sneak away, go get some grown-up time. She knows how The Man and I have avoided using the D word, and she teases us about going on a date-non-date. Sam has overheard me talk about how I wasn't going to date until Eva was four years old, but this is perhaps the first time the word has come up in front of him in the context of The Man and me. Sam snickers just as The Man sets a second plate of hamburgers down on the table between Eva and TT.
"You don't even know what dating is," I say as I ruffle Sam's mop of thick blond hair. "Do you even know what a date is?"
I smile and push his dinner plate back from the edge of the table and I briefly make eye contact with The Man who smiles and winks.
"Yah," Sam says. "It's when you go out for some love and some food."
3 comments:
Love that Sam.
*tear! Seriously...what a sweet boy. Actually I just love your writing too...when will u publish a novel!!?? :)
- Mrs. Tara Brown (I'm having issues signing in for some reason)
lol!!!
Post a Comment