Picture this: the back of a 4-season porch of a tiny neutral colored home with gorgeous perennial gardens, the purple conflowers and lavender liatris and dark red monarda all in bloom, the tall tomato plants teaming with fat Early Girls that vary in color from green to pink to bright red, a small aged cedar table dragged next to the window, a torn screen, a pair of legs dressed in black maternity capris sticking out the window, kicking as a 40-year-old pregnant woman breaks in to her own house.
I can name about ten people who would have yelled at me for doing what I did this morning, for pushing myself up and over the window sill and dragging my stomach across the wood while pulling my body forward into my family room. But I didn’t really have a choice and I actually thought I was being resourceful.
As soon as I got in to my kitchen and found my keys, I removed the spare key and buried it in the yard, so the next time Mark and Carrie (my neighbors who have the other spare key) go camping, it won’t matter if I lock myself out of my house at
1 comment:
This is a great one. So great that I won't be adding myself to the list of people yelling at you for your stunt work.
Especially now that you've got the key issue taken care of for next time.
Post a Comment