Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
My Favorite Time of Day
Believe it or not, my favorite time of day has become 9am-11am. And considering that's when I'm sitting at my desk in a gray-green cubicle surrounded by artificial light and white concrete block, it might be hard to understand. But it has become the time of day when Baby says hello to me. Like clockwork every morning at 9am, I first feel him kicking and moving and stretching, letting me know that he's still in there growing and bumping up against me. This morning on my way in I was cranking my PAMFA "Songs We Hate to Love" CD and singing along to Air Supply and The Partridge Family and Prince and Rick Springfield and Looking Glass (Can you figure out what song that is?), hoping to get the little guy to wake up early and give me a little kick like he did last weekend through the entire John Travolta Hairspray song and dance. But nothing. It was just me singing in the Subaru. And once again, as I sit here at my desk looking at a computer screen filled with engineering drawings and complicated chemical formulas, he kicks. "I'm here, Mom. I'm here." I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment