Friday, August 31, 2007

Not Just Gas

My 24-week belly poses in front of the lake in Winona


Once again, a moment I have to share. Baby is so strong and solid now that his kicks feel like real kicks, and I’ve been feeling him a lot during the last week. I can really feel that it is him in there making those movements and not just gas. But he's still small enough (about a pound an a half) that he's got plenty of room to move around, so there is lots of kicking all over the place.

A few days ago I couldn't believe all that activity was coming from just four limbs, and I asked him if he had invited some friends over for a party. It really is the coolest thing. Yesterday when I felt the kicks I sat at my desk and closed my eyes and put my hand on my belly. The kicks were hard enough that it was possible to feel them with my hand from the outside. Mom says she can remember when she was pregnant with me and she watched my fist pounding on her belly. I don’t have movements that graphic yet, but he’s definitely in there announcing to me very clearly that he’s happy and healthy.

12 more weeks.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Only twelve more weeks? I can't believe how quickly it's gone!! If there was ever anything that was worth missing Pamfa for, for you, this is it. We're gonna miss you but I'm excited for this whole new world you are creating with this little person!

Barb said...

Thanks, Heather. I am really going to miss you all next week. I've been thinking a lot about how important PAMFA has been in this whole journey, how PAMFA has supported me as well as encouraged me to take risks, to follow my dreams.