Monday, October 1, 2007

Very Special Gifts


This weekend Brooklynn spent the weekend at my house. We made cookies and homemade pizzas and hiked through the Wildlife Refuge and played games and sorted baby clothes and cheered for Brett Favre and the Packers to defeat her father's team and just had fun being together being Sisters. Brooklynn is such a joy to me, and we talked a lot about how important it will be for us to continue to make time for each other after the baby is born. She is very excited, and she helped me sort the baby clothes so we had the newborn and 0-3 months stuff ready. We oohed and ahhed at the little brown dogs on light blue stripes and fuzzy lions on safari-colored overalls and the little Winnie the Pooh sleepers and the tiny little newborn mittens to keep him from scratching himself. She told me that she thinks "this boy will be spoiled. He's already got more clothes than me, and he's not even born yet." As soon as we finished sorting and I put the clothes for 9-12 months away, she asked me if we could pull them out and sort them all over again because they were so cute and so fun to look at. Brooklynn's presence in my life is such a gift, and every time I see her I am grateful that we found each other when we did.

Oh, how I wish she were here tonight to see what greeted me when I got home from work... a package from my beautiful friend Kae who lives in Denver. She sent me adorable little Denver Bronco socks and a onesie that my son will get to wear while Bush is still president. I love it!!!! Thank you Kae.
"I already know more than the President."

For more pictures from my action packed weekend with Brooklynn, see my website.

No comments: