
They tell you it will happen, that with each new thing they learn and each new phase they grow into you'll be excited and thrilled and just a little bit sad. Sammy has finally figured out finger foods and with the explosion of Cheerios and Gerber Sweet Potato Puffs that are starting to decorate our dining room floor (and surprisingly turn up in every other room of the house, transported in his bib or in the folds of his onesie or stuck to the ends of his fine blond hair), Mommy has just a tinge of sadness that her little boy is no longer a teeny-little baby. They leave over and over again throughout your lifetime, and I felt that today as Sammy pinched a crunchy sweet potato puff between his sticky fingers and wobbled it to his mouth and grinned at me. "Look at me, Mommy," his face said, and I felt the back of my throat tighten a little and my heart twist upside down and maybe a little inside out.
3 comments:
Yay Sammy! What a big boy! Good pincer skills. I'll make sure to have plenty of wholesome finger foods for him on Sunday. :)
I think Lucy has inspired him. Given his family's history with food, he cannot be outdone by someone a week younger than him.
Fair enough. Now CRAWL, SAMMY! CRAWL!
I mean, if Mom's ready for you to crawl. ;)
Post a Comment