Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lucy Sheep?


Wednesday night before bed I told Sam we were going to the pizza farm the next day. His eyes got big and he said "Lucy come with us?" I said yes.

"Lucy's mommy daddy come with us?"

I said yes. Then we talked about the last time we were there last year and all the cows and sheep and chicken and rabbits.

When I laid him in his crib he asked if I would come check on him. "Check me? Check me?" He said. I held up my hand, my fingers spread wide. "Five minutes," I said. "I will check you in five minutes."

When I went in five minutes later, Sam turned his head to look at me. "Hi Buddy. I'm just checking on you," I said.

"Lucy come with us cows?" he said.

I told him yes, Lucy would be going to the pizza farm with us the next day. "Tomorrow. You have to go to sleep so it will be tomorrow."

"Lucy come with us sheep?"

"Yes. We will see sheep tomorrow."

"Lucy come with us black sheep?" he asked.

"Yes."

"Lucy come with us white sheep?"

"Yes," I said and I tucked the blanket around his shoulders and under his chin. "Now go to sleep."

The next day the forecast threatened rain in the evening, but Sam and Lucy ate wood-fired pizza and pet baby cows and laughed at baby chickens and chased each other around the playground for just long enough before the rain sent us home. A great "season opener" at the pizza farm. We'll definitely be going back.


There are more pictures of the kids and the animals here.

1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

What a fun day! The kids and cows are so cute! Your son will love looking at these photos months from now. (My son wore out the binding on our summer photo album!)