Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend 2010

I'm getting so bad at keeping up to date. Can I blame it on the ever-growing To Do List that comes with spring weather and lawn and garden season? Can I blame it on the fact that I have a 2 and a half year old who says "No!" every time I tell or ask or suggest that he do something so when I do have a few moments free from the constant rebellion and negotiation, I just want to sit and enjoy the peace? Can I blame it on being exhausted at the end of every day even though (thank God) the first trimester morning sickness and debilitating need to sleep has passed?



Last weekend was another road trip to Green Bay. Sam slept through almost the entire 4 hour drive (thanks to some medication to treat a recent ear infection and the cold, rainy weather that made us all sleepy), and we arrived before sunset to be greeted by an excited TT. Sam had taken off his shoes and socks in the car, so he couldn't walk on the rough shattered concrete of TT's driveway, but I carried him into the garage and they were off and running. Despite the pretty icky weather all weekend, they had a great time together... off on adventures to the book store (mom's women's fund was doing a fundraiser) and Target and the Wildlife Sanctuary and McDonald's while I just gave myself some time to nap and rest. It is such a treat to visit Mom because I do get an occasional break, but there is absolutely nothing as joyful in my life as watching the two of them together. I feel so blessed to be able to share each of them with the other.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is my favorite Dr. Suess book! When Taylor was in 1st grade I visited her class and read that to the kids.

Barb said...

Sammy likes to find th guy on every page, and we can't understand why the guy isn't on the page with The Waiting Place.

Laraf123 said...

Dr. Seuss, Grandma and Legos? What a great weekend!

Little Sis said...

Auntie Annie loves TT and Sammy J. Can't wait to see you all this summer! Zack and Sarah and I will entertain him so little mommy can get some more rest.