Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Friday, August 6, 2010
My Big Boy
Last night as we sat in the rocker in the nursery reading "Baby on the Way" and talking about Sam's baby sister who will be arriving in October, Sam put his hand on my tummy and told me he could feel her kicking. (She wasn't kicking at the time.) Then he thought back over the last few days in which he's pooped on the potty at daycare twice and he declared "I'm not a baby, Mommy. I'm a big boy." He is. Any mother who has been through this knows how bittersweet these memories are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sam is amazing! He will be a wonderful, loving big brother. (But, believe me, he will always be your baby, too)
Speaking of bittersweet, today in the car I told H that I was so happy he had come into my life. He asked me, "Where was I before I came into your life?" Um, well, um...hey look, there's a McDonalds. (Big boys ask big questions.)
Post a Comment