
Where are we going?
To the campground to see Gedion.
Where is Gedion?
At the campground.
Yay!!!!
(short pause)
Where are we going?
To the campground to see Gedion.
Where is Gedion?
At the campground.
Yay!!!!
(repeat for 55 minutes)
Before we left the house I was a little nervous about intentionally going out into the heat and humidity, but the 3 hours we spent at Whitewater State Park with friends who were camping there turned out to be a great time. We had an awesome meal, and the boys got to run and blow bubbles and climb trees and play ball and enjoy being boys.
Photos from our picnic are here.
The campsite was perfect, and having a private site allowed Sammy to continue his "potty training" away from home. Each time he said he had to go potty we'd pick out a leaf for him to aim at, and the first time he did it he asked me how to flush it. I think I'm comfortable saying that the potty training period is now complete. After five full days of no accidents with Sam telling me every time he had to go potty, I'm hoping we're officially a diaper-free household until October.
5 comments:
That is awesome he trained so fast, but beware of regression. As soon as Josie realized we wanted her to use the potty, she decided she didn't want to use the potty. That's where the incentives (matchbox car or a cookie) for every day without an accident came in. I hope you don't have to resort to it! Kisses!
Also...watch for him just pulling up to any leaf and aiming :) Once my boys went outside, they liked it so much they pee'd right in front of the neighbor girl in the backyard :) It's a guy thing!
We let Zack pee wherever he wanted whenever he wanted to outside at our house in Michigan. Now whenever he go anywhere he asks me if he can pee on a tree.
Also, little siblings always want to do what the big kids do and some of the funniest memories I have are of Sarah pulling down her diaper to do her business on the front lawn. Yeah... classy. That's us!
Hooray for Sam! (I'm just hoping Henry is potty trained before kindergarten!) This really is a big deal--you should be proud!
I am very blessed to have a good-natured kid and a VERY patient and helpful daycare provider.
Post a Comment