Door County Memory #5 - A Woman Who Knows How to Make Monster Juice
“Where is SHE?” Sam would ask, and we all made a game of asking him her name. Grandma’s friend Mandy made it up for the last few days of the week, and her arrival was just in time. Grandma and Mommy had run out of ways to try to exhaust a 3-year-old, and Mandy came with tricks and games and toys. Sammy’s new BFF Mandy even helped him make special monster spray to keep the monsters away at night. And when we got back home Saturday night he sprayed his room before bed. “Just four sprays, Mommy. If you spray more than that it doesn’t work.”
Door County Memory #6 - Stories with TT
“Tell me a story about Sammy Seagull, Mommy,” he said as we laid next to each other in bed. It was well after 10pm and the baby was finally quiet in the other room. Whether it was because she had fallen asleep or Grandma had picked her up that night, I don’t remember. But Sam and I had fallen into bed exhausted, and he wanted a story. He and TT had been telling stories earlier that day, stories about the adventures of Sammy the Seagull, and the sad lake that didn’t have any waves until Sam the Boy came and laughed and made waves.
Thank you TT for another wonderful Door County vacation! I thought I was living my life to the fullest before these children came along, but really I never knew how full life could be.
Door County 2011 Memory #4 - The Farm
Door County 2011 Memory #3 - The Fish
Door County 2011 Memory #2 - The Forest
Door County 2011 Memory #1 - The Beach
Photos from previous Door County Weeks (2004-2010)
1 comment:
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
And p.s. I have a car now...I can come visit!
Post a Comment