
From the Sometimes-He-Hears-What-I-Say Department:
#1
"Look, Mommy. Look what I did!"
Sam is at the dining room table building with Tinker Toys. He has built a locomotive that looks almost exactly like the one in the picture on the instruction booklet.
"That's cool. Where'd you learn to do that?" I say.
"It's because I ate that avocado and my brain got bigger and now I'm smart," he says.
#2
Sam is sitting at the kitchen counter drawing and paying no attention to me. After discovering that we're out of coffee, I am desperate for caffeine. In the back of the cupboard I find a few packets of chai black tea that are at least ten years old. I say to myself that I should look up on the internet how much caffeine is in black tea and I sit down to the computer next to Sam. Yahoo is telling me that there is a must see video of Lady Gaga having her Marilyn Monroe moment with Bill Clinton, so I start the video and Sam actually looks up from his drawing.
"I like that music, Mommy. Is it about tea?"
#3
Sam has been in bed for ten minutes when I sink myself into a hot bubble bath. Just as the bubbles reach my collarbone he opens the door and tells me he has to poop. I tell him to get his potty seat from his bathroom and bring it into Mommy's bathroom so I won't have to get up to clean his butt when he's done. After he is settled on the potty seat he tells me he needs something to read so I hand him the Scholastic Parent & Child magazine that came home from pre-school last week. He thumbs through it looking at pictures of Halloween costumes and toys he wants for his birthday while I read the Time magazine about the new silent majority.
"This is awesome. I love this magazine!" he says. "This magazine is awesome! I need to make more time to read it."
4 comments:
The magazine comment is killing me! What an adorable little guy!
I love these! What a cutie!
Hilarious! Sometimes I ask H how he got so smart and he answers because "I sleep at night so my brain can grow". My neighbor handed him some crackers Saturday and he said, "no thank you, I just got off Cheez-its." Boys! (Who says their language skills are inferior!)
I love these. Josie is also kind of crazy about what good things are in different food and how those things will make her big or strong or smart or all of the above. It's super cute!
Post a Comment