After my last post I kind of feel like the marathon runner who got to the finish line only to discover she had to run another five miles. Don't get me wrong, we are slowly working our way out of what will from now on be referred to as "The Crud," but it's been slower and crudier than I expected. Sunday was Day 7 for Sam and although his cough held on, he was feverless and full of energy (my biggest challenge) and able to focus long enough to make his Valentine's cards for pre-school. Sunday was only Day 4 for Eva and she still has a low grade fever, but she's no longer a lethargic, goopy mess. I, however, am. Hilary was right when she said it takes a village, because without our village Sam would not have eaten these last few days, and I might have perhaps lost my mind. But thanks to Wonder Woman and other neighbors and friends, the fluids and honey are doing their magic and we're extricating ourselves from the crud one day at a time.


3 comments:
Kids are so cute. Feel better.
I hope you are all feeling better. I remember too well those days with sick wee ones....the worst days being the one where I am more sick than they are....it is still hard even though they are older.
I tell you, those sick days are a killer. I'm glad they're feeling better.
Post a Comment