We are in the car on the way back from town. The sun is low and bright behind us as we turn east on Highway 35, and Eva cries a little bit about it being in her eyes. The leaves of most of the trees have shot out in the last week and some of the views of the river are filtered through the green. A bald eagle circles a bluff in front of us and Sam spies the white head and long wings through the moon roof of the Subaru. He reminds me for the fifteenth time that he is sad that he has yet to get a LEGO alien minifig from the tiny packets that we've been collecting. He then tells me that he is sad that he hasn't seen Grandma in a long time.
"Let's not think of things that make us sad," I say. "Let's think of things that make us happy. Ice cream makes me happy. Sunshine makes me happy. Flowers and green leaves make me happy. Eagles make me happy."
"I love Grandma more than ice cream," he says.
"You do?"
"I love Grandma more than LEGOs."
"You do? You love grandma more than ice cream AND LEGOs?"
"Yes! I love Grandma more than everything!"
3 comments:
Ahhhh that's so very sweet Barb!! Brings a big smile to my face. TT is probably over the moon!!!
As a Grammie this is the best.
Oh! What a sweetie...I just cried!
Post a Comment