Monday, June 11, 2012

Community


As a single mom I sometimes struggle to find community.  Because I can't leave my kids with a spouse and easily take a night off, many of my married mommy friends have stopped expecting me at Girls Night Out events.  And because I don't have a man to bring along to socialize with the other men when couples get together, I'm often left out of those events.  Thankfully this past week two of my mom friends invited us to family gatherings in which moms and dads and kids all got to connect and play and enjoy each other's company.  Sam and Eva and I all enjoyed our time out in the world reconnecting with old friends.  Sunshine and games and yummy food and great company.  We are blessed to have such warm and generous people in our lives.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet. Glad you went out. Now you need to invite others over too. Branch out. :) Love the photos.