Wednesday, May 30, 2007

10 Weeks

Not much new to report. The nausea continues off and on, but it does seem to be bothering me less frequently. I have started other digestive tract related symptoms, but I'm not going to discuss those. 'Nough said.

Baby should be about an inch and a half long at this point and he/she is free to move inside the womb. Bones and cartilage are forming. Baby's stomach is now producing digestive juices, and his/her kidneys are producing large quantities of urine. Not unlike his/her mother. (Wow. That's me. Mother. That feels weird. ) I haven't slept for more than 2 hours at a time for weeks since I'm getting up to pee several times a night. Everyone says it's good practice for later.

This weekend Brooklynn and I spent the day together. She is very excited about the baby.

"Grace would be a good name for a girl," she told me.

"I hope you have a boy," she said later. "Baby boys are very cute."

Last month after she and I spent the day together shopping for her birthday presents, she said to her dad, "The best birthday present of all is that I'm going to be a big sister!" She's very excited, and I actually had fun explaining to her how babies are made... mine in particular.

CVS testing Tuesday next week, and after that just one more week until I'm through the first trimester. I can't wait to have my energy back.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love that Brooklynn is excited! That's great. Also glad everything is going well.