Sunday, May 20, 2007

Popsicles, Toast and Eddie Money

What a difference a week makes. Last week after three days in northern California and two days working near San Francisco I was feeling pretty good. Still tired but eating well. In fact I was starting to worry about the lack of symptoms and began humming the 70's Eddie Money hit Baby Hold On.

So baby hold on to me
Whatever will be, will be
the future is ours to see

When you hold on to me


You know the future's lookin' brighter
E
very morning' when i get up
Don't be thinkin' 'bout what's not enough,now baby

J
ust be thinkin' 'bout what we got
think of all my love, now
I'm gonna give you all I got


So baby hold on to me
Whatever will be, will be
the future is ours to see

When you hold on to me


But after a chicken pot pie and glass of milk dinner with Karen and Susan Wednesday, I was pretty sure Baby was holding on tight. As a matter of fact, Baby is now running the show. I was in bed by 8pm, and I woke up at 2am to try to force leftover pie crust into my mouth to avoid having my stomach roll any further. And each day this week my nausea got progressively worse. This weekend I've lived on lime popsicles and buttered toast, and often even the toast requires chewing for several minutes before I can make myself swallow. It comes and goes, but the way I look at it, the nausea is a good sign that baby is holding on. And I'm thrilled.

No comments: