Tuesday, May 1, 2007

5 weeks 6 days


(Not that I'm counting. :) )

No serious nausea to date (knock on wood) but I’m pretty much exhausted all the time. This weekend Rhonda and I hiked the river trail at Frontenac, and after an hour of walking and climbing, I inhaled a turkey sandwich and laid on the couch. I woke up an hour and a half later with the remote in my hand and the television tuned to the inspirational Jesus channel. I had apparently fallen asleep mid-surf.

I talked to my OB/GYN in Minneapolis about finding a doctor closer to where I work (LaCrosse), and he said I’m definitely going to want to have an MD that specializes in high risk pregnancies. Being over 40 puts me in that category, but with the fibroid surgery I had 6 years ago, I also can’t go through any labor that might rupture my uterus. Dr. Brown says I’ll need to have an amnio at 36 weeks to check the baby’s lung maturity, and then I’ll have a planned caesarean some time after that. That means early December.

8 more days until my 7 week ultrasound which will confirm the heartbeat.

No comments: