Friday, July 22, 2011

Bouncing Genetics

When I was a child, my mother used to leave me in my room to nap and I'd bounce against the side of the crib, little-by-little moving the crib across the room. As I got older I would sit on the living room couch watching TV and throw myself against the cushions on the back. Our family termed this strange rocking behavior that caused strangers to ask if I might be autistic "bouncing." And despite my mother's best efforts to break me of this habit that would tangle my hair and destroy the legs of her furniture, I still did it even in college, occasionally bouncing my way across the state as I drove home for a weekend visit.

If the video I posted of Sam at this age didn't convince you that this is genetic, then check out his little sister:


1 comment:

Laraf123 said...

She's almost ready to keep up with her big brother!