Monday, August 27, 2012

Backpack Required


First day of official pre-school.  5 days a week.  Dress code.  Backpack.  Teacher-parent communication folder.  Schedule.  This is the real thing, and Sammy was very excited.  It helped that as we walked in to the building his friend Hamilton raced past us and his friend Gavin was standing at the top of the stairs.  They had all been in class last week when we were on the beach in Door County, so they knew what to do.  As Sam hugged me goodbye he said "I LOVE school, Mom!"  So far so good.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you leave or stay? He seems more than ready to go to preschool officially. What an adorable face.

Kate said...

I think it is going to be a good year for our boys! Sam is such a great kid.

Anne said...

Where has the time gone! He looks adorable in his school "gear."

mel said...

Don't you just love the enthusiasm? It makes me so happy that R is so excited about school. It was a huge treat to him to be able to go to school 5 days a week instead of 3.

Preschool (and, so far, kindergarten) are so wonderful that they can love it all year long. Yeah for school!

Laraf123 said...

He looks so happy! (When my son told me that he really likes his kdgn, I felt a huge weight leave my shoulders.) I'm glad things are off to a good start.

By the way, I LOVE the photo at the top of your blog.