Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Dear God
I've drunk Lowenbrau in Munich and red wine in Rome. I've eaten Mediterranean pizza in Venice and mahi mahi in Maui. I've hiked The Colorado Trail and crawled through waterfalls on the Napali Coast. I've walked on glaciers in the Canadian Rockies and shared space with black bears in the Apostle Islands. I've traveled all over the world and seen a lot, but I never really knew how amazing our world was until I watched my son entertain himself with a water boomerang piece of driftwood in Lake Michigan or listened as my daughter squealed in delight about the birdie-birdie-birdie flying over the shore outside our cottage window.
Dear God, Please don't ever let anything or anyone change the incredibly joyous spirits that these two little ones brought with them when they entered our world.
(Just too many joyful moments in Door County to fit them all in to one post. And there are still more to come.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
Gorgeous photos, gorgeous kids, gorgeous scenery.
Beautiful... and I totally get that sentiment :)
So sweet. Miss you three....I need to come over soon!
This post made me cry. Love it.
Post a Comment