Thanks for coming to visit us. I started this blog to follow my quest to become a Single Mother by Choice. When Sam was born this became the place to share our story and contemplate our unusual family as it evolves and grows... and with the arrival of Eva we became a family of three. Stay tuned for stories of growth and change, as well as frustration and exhaustion, compassion and love, joy and delight.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Discovery
In the last 24 hours I discovered that I CAN manage a vacation with my kids by myself. We arrived at the cottage just before sunset last night, unpacked the car, ate dinner, set up the play pen, got Eva to sleep and Sam in the shower all before 9pm. And today we made a trip to the grocery store before playing on the beach, swimming and boogieboarding and building sand castles and learning to skip stones (highlight of my day--check out the video to see why), going for a nature hike to pick thimbleberries, and making a trip to Sunset Park in Sturgeon Bay. I cannot believe how fast the day went and how perfect the weather and the water were. TT arrives at midnight. We're all very excited. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
Great photos and it looks so quiet and peaceful.
Sounds like a wonderful start to a beautiful vacation!
Look at that tree! (And look at those happy children!) Have a great time--can't wait to hear more about it!
Hope you are still having a great time!
Yes you can! :)
It looks like a gorgeous place - I didn't know this is what Wisconsin looked like?!!
Beautiful family... and I love the new photo on the blog header!
Post a Comment